Re: Enforcing plan via SQL plan baseline

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wolfgang Breitling <centrex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 18:00:31 -0800

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Wolfgang Breitling
<centrex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
> And you disabled the original (unhinted) plan? Did you follow the steps in
> Maria's blog ( http://blogs.oracle.com/**optimizer/tags/sql_plan_**
> management <http://blogs.oracle.com/optimizer/tags/sql_plan_management>)? I
> haven't had a problem substituting a different plan for a sql. My
> problem is that Peoplesoft has too many sql where this technique is not
> applicable ( because they use literals in sql ).

Got back to this today.

Still no joy.  The only baseline in SPM is the one I want to be used,
and Oracle is clearly rejecting it.

10053 says something to the effect "SPM: cannot reproduce"  - I forget the
exact text at the moment.

The only difference in the SQL used to capture the plan was the addition of
an index hint.

Currently reading one of Kerry's blog entries that may shed some light on
it.

Jared