Re: End-of-weekend rant: This is exactly why in fact we want certified

  • From: Dave Morgan <oracle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 10:21:55 -0700

From: Martin Klier <usn@xxxxxxxxx>
Listers, sorry for sounding frustrated, but I hope - at least - I can
save somebody from having to find this him/herself by posting this in
public.

Amen, thank you.

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sorry.  Sick and tired as well.
Of being hit by what couldn't possibly ever be broken, had software
underwent *MINIMAL* QA.

+1

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994@xxxxxxxxx>
We should start one of those "Why I don't like...." threads so we can get
some positive feedback on the things that make being a DBA worth it

Request noted. The threads were started so we can avoid, or be prepared for ,
as many issues like this as possible.

From: bill thater <shrekdba@xxxxxxxxx>
Some still think DBA means " Does Bloody Anything' so we don't get to
do what we need to do:-(

From: Adric Norris <landstander668@xxxxxxxxx>
Don't be silly... everyone knows it's actually "Don't Bother Asking". (-;

I'm pretty sure it stands for 'Da Biggest As**ole' :)

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994@xxxxxxxxx>
I've worked with too many poor/mediocre DBAs who are off doing heaven knows
what and thinking that it's good for them or their IT group.

This is the majority of our maintenance business. In many cases it is developers
who don't understand a database or set theory designing and then operating the
production
database as though it were a development resource.

Dave

--
Dave Morgan
Senior Consultant, 1001111 Alberta Limited