Encryption column level and unencrypted dump files

  • From: "J. Dex" <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 13:08:09 -0500

Can someone who uses this confirm this:

If I have a database using column level encryption and I take a Data Pump
export to an unencrypted (no password) export file, when I move that
unencrypted file over to another database which has a wallet and import it, the
columns will be encrypted again even though the dmp file itself was not
encrypted (password protected).   Is that correct?      This is 10g
environment.