Encrypting SQL*Net and JDBC traffic

  • From: "Hameed, Amir" <Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:15:57 -0400

Folks,
We are running Oracle E-business suite (11.5.9/9.2.0.4) in a three-tier
architecture. The database and concurrent processing is taking place on
the database node. The application tier is hosting the forms server and
the web server. The application is SSL enabled and therefore the traffic
b/w the client browser and the middle-tier is being encrypted. We would
like to encrypt the SQL*Net and JDBC traffic between the application and
the database tiers to comply with the new security standards. Is there a
way to implement this encryption without using Oracle's ASO ( advanced
security option)? Has anyone in this list done it and would like to
share their experience/thoughts with me. I would really appreciate any
feedback.
Thank you
Amir