Re: Embedded PL/SQL

  • From: Mark Brinsmead <mark.brinsmead@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjoralist3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Leroy Kemnitz <lkemnitz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 11:12:28 -0600

Embedded PL/SQL (or, at least "embedded SQL") can also refer to SQL code
embedded in 3GL languages like C and COBOL.

Usually (always. in my own experience) this is done with the PRO*...
precompilers (PRO*C, PRO*COBOL, and so on) provided by Oracle. This is a
separately licensed product, but they ship with either the database server
or the database client software. Sorry, I don't remember which, as its
about 12 years since I last installed any of them.

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 10:06 AM, Rich J <rjoralist3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 2015/09/11 10:49, Leroy Kemnitz wrote:

Does anyone use this feature – embedded PL/SQL?? I am looking to use this
to do a simple webpage from pl/sql.

I am having problems with getting my listener configured correctly. I am
trying to use the same listener for the http requests and database
requests, but I am only able to get it working for one or the other and not
both at the same time. How do other people have this setup?

http://apex.oracle.com

It's probably more than what you're looking for, but I use it quite a bit
for both quick'n'dirty one-shot webpages and also some DB management and
application troubleshooting.

GL!

Rich