Re: Embarasing question ....

  • From: "Daniel W. Fink" <daniel.fink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rgoulet@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 09:57:33 -0600

I recall a similar situation where the function part of the FBI was a query accessing data in another table and building an index based on that data. Changes to the referenced table (not the indexed one) caused the FBI to go invalid.

--
Daniel Fink

Oracle Performance, Diagnosis and Training

OptimalDBA    http://www.optimaldba.com
Oracle Blog   http://optimaldba.blogspot.com

Join me at Miracle Scotland DB Forum!
http://www.miracleltd.com/index.asp?page=167&page2=343

Richard J. Goulet wrote:
AH, another missing piece of the puzzle, we're talking about function
based indexes.  Well if the function that was used to create the index
was rebuilt/modified that would explain everything.  Especially if it's
a non oracle provided function.

Dick Goulet / Capgemini
North America P&C / East Business Unit
\Senior Oracle DBA / Outsourcing