Re: Elapsed time of active running query

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mschmitt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 08:45:47 -0600

v$session.LAST_CALL_ET has the elapsed time of the current sql for active sessions and the elapsed time since it was last active for inactive sessions. For single sql this is what you want but if the user's session is executing many sql as part of the transaction then it doesn't tell you how long since the user kicked off the transaction.

At 03:31 PM 10/30/2008, Michael Schmitt wrote:

Hi All,

This question is for a 10.2.0.3 database

I am looking for help on writing a SQL statement that will tell me which sessions have an active running query that have run for 10 minutes or more from the user's perspective. For example, if a user executes "select * from table A" which holds 10 million rows, I would like this script to identify their session when the users stop watch is over 10 minutes (from the time they started their query).

I was hoping last_call_et would give me this information; however it pretty much stays at 0 due to waits I guess (and status of inactive).

I need this to be for statements while they are running.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation