Education

  • From: "Kline.Michael" <Michael.Kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:30:30 -0500

Management is start to ask for education needs.

While certification would be a lot of fun, and may well be offered as a
Web based class here, it may be a given due to the needs of others. It
would be nice just to have to get a bit more in depth on features you
never use.

At 21+ years of Oracle Experience and remembering Ken Jacobs when he
made house calls(Oracle 4.1.0 for the curious, DOS, ran in 512K of
memory.), I think I'd like to get into some in depth tuning class along
the lines of "High Performance Oracle under Unix and SAN environments...
squeezing out the last ounce of performance in a virtual environment"...

I also like Cary's book on reading dumps and the like. (I've had to
simply use explain plans, autotrace, and common sense, and have managed
to get several 10-20 hour runs down to 5-15 minutes, but there is a
chance the dump reading may have helped me get to the point faster.)

Wouldn't mind learning Perl and the DBI stuff once we get it installed.
(Have the Perl, but not the Oracle yet.)

What "classes" are available?

If they are asking I might as well get my requests in.

Hey, even an old dog can learn new tricks. Learning almost every day.

Thanks.

One of those "ex-spurts" that we talked about a while back, you know "a
drip under pressure",

Michael Kline
Database Administration
The information transmitted is intended solely
for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of or taking action
in reliance upon this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you have received this email in
error please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.

//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l