Editing pfile created from spfile

  • From: "Michael Ray" <topshot.rhit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 16:41:50 -0400

Oracle claims the create pfile from spfile command results in an ascii
file, which technically is correct, but it's got special ascii
characters so notepad or the like isn't suitable to edit it. I'll
probably use a hex editor, but I wondered how exact I have to be on
using these special characters around the static parameter I need to
add. Has anybody had to edit one of these?

I was also annoyed that metalink said you could add a static parameter
to the spfile if you limited the scope to spfile. I still got the
2095.

Shalom