Re: Easy way to copy databases when using RMAN?

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mladen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 10:00:31 -0400

On 05/06/2004 01:20:58 AM, Wolfson Larry - lwolfs wrote:
> I don't need RMAN, client is insisting on it.
>
>       I thought the "RESETLOGS" just reset the redo counter.

Nope. RESETLOGS changes the DBID as well.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA

Note:
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in
error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system,
destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or
indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient. Wang Trading LLC and any of its
subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications
through its networks.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them
to be the views of any such entity.