Re: Early 11g Advanced Table Compression #'s

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 13:47:28 +0300

Hello Roby

The results are interesting and it seems to me that I should test before using in production.

One thing that I would like to know is what is the degree of compression of the tables?

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Roby Sherman wrote:
For anyone interested, I ran some very quick benchmarks on 11g's new Advanced Compression table option COMPRESS FOR ALL OPERATIONS that Oracle is claiming was "specifically written to create only the most 'minimal' of performance impacts in OLTP environments.