Re: EXTERNAL:Re: Anyone using Ruby for scripting?

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: orasnita@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 12:42:08 -0700

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Octavian Rasnita <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Perl can be installed easy even by non-root users, so it doesn't show
> anywhere as a dependency.
>
> I don't see why a company won't accept a user to install Perl somewhere
> under
>
> /home/user_name/my_programs/perl

From the time I've used Perl on *nix, I've been installing my own copy,
usually owned by oracle, sometimes by root.

IAC the only thing dependent on it is the stuff I write.

If necessary, the system perl, or oracle's perl can be used.

Really, it's not known as the 'Swiss Army Chainsaw' for nothing.

(not a chainsaw, but still appropriate)
http://www.campist.com/archives/wenger-giant-swiss-army-knife.html
 <http://www.campist.com/archives/wenger-giant-swiss-army-knife.html>
Jared Still