RE: EXTERNAL: Re: RedHat 6, Oracle 11gr2, RAC using ASM....

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "chris.grabowy@xxxxxxxx" <chris.grabowy@xxxxxxxx>, Harel Safra <harel.safra@xxxxxxxxx>, Sreejith Nair <sreejithsna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 20:27:21 +0100

Chris,

Asmlib is depending on the kernel version and Oracle released their "own"
kernel before the release of RH 6. So I'm not surprised that there is not yet
an asmlib version for RH 6.
I guess it will be released when Oracle certifies Redhat 6

Also, I'm still not convinced that asmlib has any real benefits.

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator