Re: EXEC pROCEDURE IN TRIGGER

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 09:30:49 -0700

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that this is
how Oracle myths get started and/or perpetuated.

You may read a lot of things about Oracle that may no longer
be correct, or possibly never were correct.

In this case, as Mark Powell has shown, this was at one time
true. Triggers were not compiled in Version 7 of Oracle.

I don't recall which version changed that, but the point is this:
Oracle no longer works that way.

A clear cut case where the manual should have been consulted.

Not meaning to pick on anyone, just educate.

Jared