RE: ESCAPE clause causing longer query execution time

  • From: "Reidy, Ron" <Ron.Reidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <traci.l.rebman@xxxxxxx>, <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:14:30 -0700

Trace it using event 10046.

-----------------
Ron Reidy
Lead DBA
Array BioPharma, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
traci.l.rebman@xxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 12:41 PM
To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ESCAPE clause causing longer query execution time

Hello,
I have a query using LIKE with the ESCAPE clause to search for an=20
underscore '_' as a literal value.  When I run the query with the ESCAPE =

clause it takes much longer then when the same query is run without the=20
ESCAPE clause.  I thought maybe it was an index issue, but explain plans =

for both queries are identical.  I also tried rebuilding the indexes on=20
the table, but that made no improvement.  Does anyone have any=20
suggestions...I am stumped!

Time to delete row with value "EZ_COMPARE"       =3D=3D>  2 min. 54 =
secs.
Time to delete row with value "EZCOMPARE"       =3D=3D>  2 secs.

Thank you in advance,
Traci L. Rebman

This electronic message transmission is a PRIVATE communication which =
contains
information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is =
intended=20
to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are =
not the=20
intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, =
distribution=20
or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please notify =
the
sender  of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us =
by