Re: ERROR: ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

  • From: Howard Latham <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nileshkum@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:22:26 +0100

You could try alter database open.

Don't get too stressed - Someone decided not to back you up with an
experienced DBA.

I think you may well have to go back to square one. Or get someone in to
help. Anyone free?

Can you post the alert log so we can try an work out what the problem is?

re allow corruption = true did you do this on Advice of Oracle Tech Support?

--
Howard A. Latham