Re: EMGC license question

  • From: De DBA <dedba@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 13:07:11 +1000

FWIW, we did in the end get a written conformation from our man within
Oracle that

  "... it's ok to install and use Cloud Control 12c without any licensing."

and

"Licensing comes into it only when the 'Management Packs' are utilized
(turned on) for particular databases."

There does not however appear to be a published statement, so if you may
have to ask your Oracle rep to confirm it in writing.

Cheers,
Tony