RE: EMC stuff

  • From: "Henry Poras" <henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 17:02:32 -0400

Thanks for all the offline emails. According to the document "EMC Clariion
Configuration Planning Guide" (published 2005)

"Storage systems for any hared installation require EMC Access Logix
software to control server access to the storage system LUNs.

"The shared-or-clustered direct installation can be either shared (that is,
use Access Logix to control LUN access) or clustered (without Access Logix,
but with operating system cluster software controlling LUN access)."

So the way I read this, RAC on Clariion needs either Access Logix or OCFS.

Henry