EMC stuff

  • From: "Henry Poras" <henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:36:11 -0400

We are beginning to do a RAC install with a Clariion SAN for storage. One
thing I was told doesn't sound right to me, but since I don't pretend to be
an EMC expert (and don't play one on TV. Heck, I barely get passed the 60's
reruns on TV and EMC wasn't even around then) I am having trouble confirming
or denying. Supposedly a LUN can only advertise itself to a single entity
(i.e. node, cluster). This makes the RAC install kind of difficult. I always
thought of a SAN as shared storage. What is shared storage if a LUN can't be
accessed by multiple nodes? Anyone have any idea what the source of the
confusion is?

Thanks.

Henry