Re: EMC Recoverpoint as DR with ASM

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 00:39:37 -0400

On 07/21/2016 01:04 PM, David Barbour wrote:

Anybody ever set up one of these? When installing ASM on a single server it insists there is already another ASM (+ASM1) installed even though I have used a separate diskgroup for this install. The only place that I can figure out it might be getting ASM1 from is one of the available cloned diskgroups that has the active instance information on it. We need that diskgroup as it has some ACFS mounts that are required.

Not a lot of helpful information on the Internet or MOS that I've been able to find.

Hi David,

ASM is a volume manager, nothing else. It also has a kernel part. I am not sure that having two ASM instances is even possible, since I have never tried it. I certainly don't understand why would you want to have two copies of the volume manager running simultaneously?

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA