RE: EMC & Oracle 10g

  • From: "Grabowy, Chris" <chris.grabowy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:56:40 -0400

I had read an article about a company that purchased some hardware on
EBay.  That company called the original hardware vendor to purchase a
maintenance plan.  The original hardware vendor refused until they paid
the full purchase price for that piece of hardware to the vendor.  The
hardware vendor's reasoning was that he did not have a license for the
firmware/software on the hardware.

Apparently, that piece of hardware is now sitting in the corner
collecting dust...

Be careful what you buy on ebay, that car/toaster/telephone/spoon might
have some firmware/software installed on it...