EM12c reporting two sessions with same SID

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 08:44:03 -0500 (CDT)

Hey all,

While I'm trying to debug some messes, I see that EM12c's Top Activity
historical data shows at least one 30-minute time period from this morning
where two of the Top Sessions have the same SID.  Since I know the app
generating these two sessions must do so serially -- one will finish and
disconnect before the other starts -- could this really be the case?  Can
two different direct-connect (no pooling) sessions created within a "short"
period of time have the same SID?

Evidence is on 11.2.0.3, but I know I've also seen this on 10.1.0.5 (which
is now thankfully gone!).

TIA!
Rich