EM10gr2 Grid Control Reporting Question

  • From: "Newman, Christopher" <cjnewman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 12:15:03 -0500

Hello,

I'm attempting to create a custom report in 10gr2 EM, looking for
auditing information.  I know there is a separate report for failed
logins (which runs successfully), but the actual SQL isn't visible, and
I want to include this section in a comprehensive report.

I've set up my custom report using the element 'Table from SQL' and the
SQL looks something like this:

select os_username, action_name, timestamp from dba_audit_trail where
timestamp > sysdate-90;

However, when looking at the preview, I'm getting:

Error rendering element. Exception: ORA-00942: table or view does not
exist

I'm logged into the grid as 'sysman', and I have preferred credentials
set for the database target in question; both standard and sysdba
credentials.  I can login manually with either of my preferred creds and
successfully query dba_audit_trail (or sys.aud$ the underlying table, or
course), also, the 'test' of preferred creds in EM returns successfully.

The only thing emoms.log shows is:

2008-06-04 12:12:11,162 [EMUI_12_12_11_/console/reports/render] ERROR
elem.TableRenderBean prepareData.1033 - SQL Error Executing Query -
select os_username, action_name, timestamp from dba_audit_trail where
timestamp > sysdate-90 - Exception message: ORA-00942: table or view
does not exist
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

So I'm not sure where I'm going wrong in terms of permissions, or where
to find the actual SQL that EM is using to generate the report.

Thanks- Chris