Re: EM in 11g

  • From: John Garmany <john.garmany@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 09:49:15 -0600

Brian,
You can still get the 10g client version. The 10g version was not as functional as the 9i version and I think oracle kept it for 10g because dbconsole was not complete (missing most of the replication functions). In 11g oracle dropped it because you can do most everything in dbconsole. That said, I find a lot of value in SQLDeveloper for what I used the Java EM for.

John

On 6/15/2011 9:00 AM, Zelli, Brian wrote:
Ok, so I downloaded the 11g client and installed it on my pc. If I recall, there is no EM anymore is there? I liked the old desktop version. How do I run EM from my desktop now? Is there the old conventional enterprise manager anymore? Or is it only the web like version?
I tried the emctl.bat but that didn't do anything.

ciao,

Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.