Re: EM database control question

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: maureen.english@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 23:12:05 +0100

On 07/02/2012 22:58, Maureen English wrote:
> I guess it was just wishful thinking that if the databases were all on the
> same machine I could use just one port.  I'm sure that was possible with
> Oracle 10.1 [...]

I suppose there was some undocumented (and unsupported way) of
implementing the configuration you're talking about ...

Database Control Console Versus Grid Control Console

Enterprise Manager provides two configurations with which to monitor
your database: Database Control Console and Grid Control Console.
Database Control Console is the Enterprise Manager Web-based application
for managing Oracle Database 10g Release 1 (10.1). The Database Control
Console is installed and available with every Oracle Database 10g
installation.

 From the Database Control Console, you can monitor and administer a
single Oracle Database instance or a clustered database.

The Grid Control Console is the Enterprise Manager console used for
centrally managing your entire Oracle environment. Within Grid Control
Console, you access the database targets using the Targets tab and
clicking Databases.

From: docs.oracle.com/html/B12016_02/chap_db_admin.htm#sthref242