RE: EM, capacity planning and monitoring

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "s.cislaghi@xxxxxxxxx" <s.cislaghi@xxxxxxxxx>, Oracle L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 22:55:52 +0200

Stefano,

Not an answer to your question, but the recycle bin is supposed to be cleaned
automatically when Oracle needs space in that tablespace. I even think that
Oracle will first clean out the recycle bin and only after that increase the
datafile (if autoextend has been enabled).
In that sense it is normal that no special attention is set to the recycle bin.

Are you sure that the errors you got where caused by the recycle bin?

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator