EM Grid Control does not remove some targets

  • From: Martin Klier <usn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 11:59:32 +0200

Hi List,

I am running Enterprise manager Grid Control for Linux x86 in version
10.2.0.4.

Now I tried to remove some RAC related targets, that have been in
unlimited blackout for several weeks, and removed the servers from our
racks. But I simply cannot remove the last services.

Removal of DB instances and ASM and listeners etc. worked well, finally
I managed to remove one host and its agent, too. All of them has been in
blackout, too.

But the catch is, that the CLUSTER entity (not the cluster database!)
accepts every removel attempt without complaints ("removal job
submitted"), but in nearly two weeks and endless retries it simply does
not vanish. Thus, I cannot remove the host holding the cluster, and
thus, the host cannot be removed as well.

What can I do, try or look for? Thanks in advance!
Martin Klier

--
Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk
www.usn-it.de