Re: EM 12c Snap Clone: any one try it? using it?

  • From: "Mladen Gogala" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mgogala@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 00:47:55 -0400

On 03/27/2015 12:34 AM, Mladen Gogala (Redacted sender mgogala@xxxxxxxxx for DMARC) wrote:

Of course, the list wouldn't be complete without this:

http://documentation.commvault.com/hds/v10/article?p=products/oracle_rac/snap/restore_adv.htm

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA

Of course, our solution can also handle MS Exchange and SharePoint, SQL Server, DB2, SAP Hana and MaxDB and many other things. It is tightly integrated with the myriad of SAN vendors. The full list is here:

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=features/snap_backup/support_snapbackup.htm

And yes, ZFS is supported, too. We are Oracle platinum partner and we cooperate with Oracle on protecting things like ODA, which was mentioned in a still on going thread:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-appliance/overview/protecting-oda-with-simpana-1674112.pdf

As opposed to other utilities, ours is a general backup suite which can equally well protect and clone Oracle instance and MS SQL Server database.