Re: Dynamic sampling

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hemantkchitale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 16:20:08 +0800

The number of lines (operations) in the plan and the number of entries in
the predicate list relate to the number of tables.  The output doesn't tell
me which table it used dynamic sampling on and for which operations.
This is from a vendor's package.

I was just complaining that I have to go through each table to determine
where it used dynamic sampling.
---- unlike the line numbers which you can use to match operations to
predicates and vice-versa.

Hemant K Chitale
http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com
sent from my smartphone

On Nov 11, 2010 3:03 PM, "William Robertson" <william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

What have the number of lines in the plan and the predicates section got to
do with dynamic sampling? Are you saying dynamic sampling is a bad thing? It
seems like an excellent feature to me.

William Robertson