Duplicate Command failing RMAN Clone

  • From: Sha - Apps DBA <orasharad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 20:40:08 +0530

I am doing clonging from production using RMAN hot backup pieces which I
copied to target same location. I started duplicate connecting with
production control file, it finished restore and failed during control file
creation. There was control_files parameter which was set wrong in pfile and
caused control file creation failure. After altering the control_files
parameter to correct value I restarted the duplicate command but it is
failing with below error.
There is no recovery catalog being used and I also removed the last restored
database completely then tried but still getting the below error:

Starting Duplicate Db at 24-AUG-10
released channel: c1
released channel: c2
released channel: c3
released channel: c4
released channel: c5
released channel: c6
RMAN-03002: failure of Duplicate Db command at 08/24/2010 08:04:17
RMAN-20207: UNTIL TIME or RECOVERY WINDOW is before RESETLOGS time
Environment has ASM file system both in target and source and db is on
10.2.0.5.

Any inputs to do the clone will be of great help.

Regards,
Sha