Re: Drop unused Column

  • From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ken.payton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 09:22:12 -0500

Ken,
 My guess is that the Oracle kernel is slogging away. You could bounce the
instance, but you might end up wrecking something worse. I think the moral
to the story is to be extremely careful what commands you issue in
production and any command you aren't entirely comfortable with, issue it on
test first. Another alternative would have been to issue the "set unused"
parameter on this command. Hang in there.
 Dennis Williams