Re: Dratted LONG column

  • From: Daniel Fink <Daniel.Fink@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 07:18:10 -0600

Thomas,

I posted a solution to checking constraint conditions (also a long) for
duplicates. The basic idea is to create a gtt with a clob, insert the long
(using to_lob() function, then manipulate the resulting character 'string'. As
long as you know that the data is character and only character, this should
work. It's a cludge, but it does work.

Regards,
Daniel Fink