Re: Downgrading to Standard Edition

  • From: Mathias Magnusson <mathias.magnusson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: peter.schauss@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 15:22:11 +0200

There are features that can be used without you explicitly asking for it,
such as star transformation in an execution plan or parallel scans. So if
not for the fact that you need to use the acutal software you license, it
would seem like you would need to have SE installed to make sure you're not
using EE features. I'd personally not want to run SE on EE code. If I have a
problem that only occurs in EE (or worse, corruption caused by it) and I
only had SE support.......... It would probably be a VERY bad day.

Mathias