Re: Don't know wallet password, can't open wallet

  • From: De DBA <dedba@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 13:53:18 +1000

Oracle could well be correct... If you've still got the original ewallet.p12
AND cwallet.sso in the same place as on the old server, and your sqlnet.ora
file still identifies the wallet directory correctly, then I'd be inclined to
think that the cwallet.sso (Single-SignOn file) was created as a local-only
file. This means that it cannot be moved to another server and used there to
open the wallet. In that case, you'll have to recreate it, or return the array
to the old server.

Unless of course your boss/the CSO/the coffee lady/etc... has the password
stored in some old envelope at the bottom of the safe, perhaps?  Or did the old
guys use a generic password for almost anything? You can test on a copy of the
ewallet.p12 file with mkstore indefinitely, there is no lockout after so many
attempts..

Cheers,
Tony

On 21/01/15 12:46, Sandra Becker wrote:
Oracle 11.2 EE

We moved a database to a new server this morning.  Unmounted the disk array
from the old and mounted it on the new.  Now we can't open the wallet.  The
people who might have know the wallet password were laid off a year ago.
Oracle support says we're screwed.  Isn't there some kind of back door?

We need this database open tomorrow morning for the customers. Any help is
appreciated.

--
Sandy
GHX