RE: Does sga_target not work for 10.2 upgrade or is Oracle Suppor t cl ueless?

  • From: JayMiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:34:20 -0400

Hi Paul,

The error I got was when issuing the startup upgrade command (Step 29):

SQL> startup upgrade pfile=/oracle/mds/admin/pfile/initmdsdb.ora
ORACLE instance started.
Total System Global Area 1258291200 bytes
Fixed Size 1978336 bytes
Variable Size 369102880 bytes
Database Buffers 872415232 bytes
Redo Buffers 14794752 bytes
ORA-12709: error while loading create database character set

I don't know how this has anything to do with the sga but I've gotten enough
oracle error messages that didn't have anything to do with the actual error
that I'm willing to consider it as a possibility.

Thanks,

Jay Miller

Sr. Oracle DBA

x68355