Does impdp regather statistics or just import them?

  • From: <Christopher.Taylor2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 07:57:04 -0500

Version: 10.2.0.4
Assume:
1.)      expdp included table/index statistics
2.)      the following parameter on the target db is set to
false:"_optimizer_compute_index_stats",

It is my understanding that impdp will _only_ import statistics, not do a
regather statistics operation.

This is based on:
Table 3-2 Original Import Parameters and Their Counterparts in Data Pump Import
STATISTICS A parameter comparable to STATISTICS is not needed. If the source
table has statistics, they are imported.
from http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14215/dp_import.htm\

However, Note: ID 793585.1 seems to imply that statistics are regathered unless
you use EXCLUDE=STATISTICS and set the database parameter to false.

A few DBAs I work with believe (insist) that impdp regathers statistics and
doesn't just import them - I'm hoping that is incorrect but I am unable to find
a clear verification.

Chris