Re: Does anyone use 10gR2 Grid control for enterprise wide monitoring ?

  • From: Prem <premjhere@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 23:03:17 +0530

Hi Tom ,

Again ... changing the OMS for a agent did work ... but after a lot of
struggle.
As someone said , re-installing agent is faster than debugging it. But this
is
not the way (atleast for me) a good-matured product works.

And important metrics like "usable flash recovery area %" is not alertable
and
you cannot set thresholds for it. One needs to create a user-defined metric
like it.
STRANGE !!

Thanks a lot Tom , Raj ,  Alex ,  Charles & Salem for all your valuable
inputs.
This is what I expected. I would not prefer to go with 10gR2 GC now.

Regards,
Prem Khanna J