Re: Documentation for HHWM and LHWM?

  • From: "조동욱" <ukja.dion@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 09:38:00 +0900

As far as I know, the only valid method to differentiate the LHWM and HHWM
is to dump segment header and see the trace file. There you can see the
location of LHWM and HHWM.

The side effect of holes between LHWM and HHWM is observable via FB lock
contention when concurrent DML is involved. For select, increased scan time
might be the only way to observe the side effect of holes(But not sure).

Dion Cho