Do you need to start manually the recover on a datafile?

  • From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:09:19 -0400

Hi, please,
The database was started up, when a datafiles was locked by a os
program, and there was a pending to recover transaction, on that
datafile.
So the database started but that datafiles moves offline, with a
pending recovery transaction.

I set online the datafile and restarted the database and the problem
was still there, and because it was urgent, and I didn't have time to
ask, I solved the problem in other way.

But checking in oradebug wakeup command,  I'm asking If I had to wake
up the recovery process to get the recovery to start immediately,
wihch was the correct step?.

Thanks
--
Oracle Certified Profesional 9i 10g
Orace Certified Professional Developer 6i

8 years of experience in Oracle 7,8i,9i,10g and developer 6i