RE: Do anyone implemented Physical Standby using primary db hot backups?

  • To: "_oracle_L_list" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:12:37 +0200

It is all the same, just do re cover database after restore database
until cancel and put all the redo logs you have in stock in the DG
arch_dest_1. Usually a DG is always done from a hot backup, setting from
cold is the exception.

Any way when the log shipping starts, it will request all redo that were
generated since the last scn of the backup up to now  and roll on, for
that reason I prefer to feed the first redo myself perform the roll
forward.

Starting from rman it is even more simple :
'Duplicate database for standby database dorecover' whitout mention of
any time/scn/archive and the rman will sync the DB.

B. Polarski