Re: Diskgroups on ASM

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ab80cwb@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 17:19:06 +0200

Alex,
I'm not 100% sure what you want to do;
my assumption is your infra-structure creating a copy if some disks from
Prod to PreProd?

In general, you can do this without any problem, the name of the path can
be different on source and target system. - Of course the copy must be
_consistent_
BUT you can have the same DISKGROUP only once per ASM(cluster).
for this purpose Oracle provides renamedg in Version 11.2 -
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e18951/asmdiskgrps.htm#CHDJAGHE

hth
 Martin