RE: Diskgroup Mapping in RAC

  • From: "Herring Dave - dherri" <Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebadi01@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 07:36:42 -0500

Abdul,

If you don't have the original DDL stored anywhere for the diskgroup (we dump
all our DDL to separate scripts each night), then I suggest checking the
underlying physical disks / raw slices for a permissions issue and if they do
exist on the server.

Sometimes the MOUNT error message tells you what its looking for.  When you do
an ALTER DISKGROUP <diskgroup name> MOUNT is there any indication what device
isn't getting mounted?

Dave

David C. Herring, DBA  |   A c x i o m  Delivery Center Organization
630-944-4762 office | 630-430-5988 wireless | 630-944-4989 fax