Discoverer Statistics Unavailable

  • From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 08:23:26 -0600

List - Oracle Discoverer has a neat feature where it can estimate the
completion time for a query, pretty accurately I'm told by our developers.
However, for some users, we have a view that restricts their access to the
base table data. This seems to foil Discoverer's feature. It seems that if a
user doesn't have select access to the base table, Discoverer reports
"Statistics Unavailable", which makes those users feel inferior, as if being
restricted from data doesn't do that anyway. Has anyone solved this issue?

Dennis Williams

DBA

Lifetouch, Inc.