Discoverer 10G on Linux 64 does not show online Gateway

  • From: kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 12:33:15 -0700 (PDT)

We are trying to get Discoverer 10G on Linux 64 bit set up with HS to be able
to report on our Sql Server tables.  I had to install 11G gateway and use the
db4odbc program but the online gateway in the Discoverer ADmin is still greyed
out.

I can tnsping db4odbc and can do a sqlplus and connect to the sql server
database just fine.  I also did the entry into the eul_gateway table. And still
no luck.

Has anyone got this working on 64 bit linux?  I have a tar open with Oracle
Support and they are telling me to use the 32 bit HS which on my Linux box I
get errors when I do the same sqlplus command.  Which previously they told me I
had to use the 11G gateway to get this to work.

Thanks