Disaster recovery question

  • From: Sandeep Dubey <dubey.sandeep@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:22:05 -0400

Hi,

I have to implement DR solution from primary database A to secondary
database B, both on Linux and Oracle 9.2.

The primary database A is out of the firewall and archive logs can not
be pushed to server B holding secondary database because of security
issues. In such scenario I understand that I cann't implement Data
gaurd. Or is there a way to use data gaurd when the primary database
is out of the firewall?

Other option I am thinking is to pull the archive logs from primary
and apply to secondary. Are there any issues, points to take care of
with such implementation?

Thanks

Sandeep