RE: Disaster recovery - Windows registry

  • From: "Peter McLarty" <p.mclarty@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 12:44:58 +1000

Hi

Regedit will allow you to do this use a /E parameter along with the key
and a file name to add it to and it will create the oracle key as a text
file. Could be part of your prebackup script if you use Veritas or some
such. And Yes your sysadmins should be able to entirely reconstruct the
server from a backup with all files its except your oracle as I am
guessing the don't back them up as its pointless if they are up when the
run the backup

Could have also said google it

Cheers

Peter