Re: Disaster Recovery solutions for Oracle...

  • From: Laimutis.Nedzinskas@xxxxxx
  • To: Oracle L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 11:30:54 +0300

>Going through it and making presentation.

A followup to my previous thoughts:

think about elaborating on maximum protection mode in your presentation.
DBvisit says it has not got one. What they have is 60 seconds of data loss.
I think what they do is that they just configure archive log switching
every minute. That can be a bit costly.

  From:.      Masha Gurenich <gurenich@xxxxxxxxx>

  To:         Michael Dinh <mdinh@xxxxxxxxx>

  Cc:         Oracle L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Date:       2011.05.20 23:09

  Subject:    Re: Disaster Recovery solutions for Oracle...

Brilliant!!! Thanks a lot!
Going through it and making presentation.
Thanks so much for the quick input!

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Michael Dinh <mdinh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

      Golden Gate, Wisdom Force, DBMotto and may be other replication
      software???

      Instead of DG, there is DBVisit.

      Have not used any of the mentioned software.

      Michael Dinh

      NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY - This material is intended for the use of
      information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
      disclosure under applicable laws.  BE FURTHER ADVISED THAT THIS EMAIL
      MAY CONTAIN PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION (PHI). BY ACCEPTING THIS
      MESSAGE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE FOREGOING, AND AGREE AS FOLLOWS: YOU
      AGREE TO NOT DISCLOSE TO ANY THIRD PARTY ANY PHI CONTAINED HEREIN,
      EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PERMITTED AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO
      PERFORM YOUR OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THE RECEIPT OF THIS MESSAGE.  If
      the reader of this email (and attachments) is not the intended
      Please notify the sender of the error and delete the e-mail you
      received. Thank you.