Disaster Recovery solutions for Oracle...

  • From: Masha Gurenich <gurenich@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 12:49:59 -0400

Not using Oracle :D

Hello gurus and senseis ,

Just wanted to ask a silly question (well, not so silly if you are a big
shop with tons of clients to whom you sell ASP :p)

Have you guys ever considered any solutions other than RAC and DG? We are
using both for our internal development. We are also implementing both for
our beefy clients, but many of them cannot afford licenses for all of these
fun things..

I started to think and look around: yes, Oracle allows you to use DG without
license for up to 10 days, but there are soo many cons that for many of our
clients this is not a possibilities.. Failover is a local solution and many
of them need remote sites configured in different states..

I am just wondering, is there any paper or article or any insight on the
issue? Has anybody done any research? How do people workaround? This kind of
thoughts..

Please, share your experience, if any.

Thank you so much before hands and i really appreciate any time you put
towards this email.