Re: Disallow access to column of a table

  • From: chet justice <chet.justice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 17:14:09 -0400

I concur with the others.

At my previous gig (11gR1), we used column level access control that
was...controlled by a given role.  The column in question was a SSN and
worked like a charm.  Implementation was fairly easy, but beware of the
applications that may need the SSN for various logic.  We found that we were
using the last 4 digits to (aid) do customer lookups.  Just a little gotcha
that was taken care of relatively quickly, just something to be aware of.

chet

chet justice

813.863.1213
http://oraclenerd.com