RE: Disable redo writing

  • From: "Amaral, Rui" <Rui.Amaral@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'rjoralist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <rjoralist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 13:39:52 -0500

There's also another point to consider which is statistics on indexes also
generate a lot of data not to mention slow performance - at least in 10.2 (just
got hit with that over the last 2 days and had to set
_optimizer_compute_index_stats=FALSE) might still be there for 11r1 too so best
check that out

Referring to
EXCLUDE=STATISTICS Or EXCLUDE=INDEX_STATISTICS During Datapump Import Still
Analyzes The Indexes [ID 793585.1]

Doesn't make mention of newer releases (and I didn't see anything regarding 11
when I looked) but I could have missed something.

Rui Amaral